Maybe I can learn things to pass on to other new cake makers.
As its coming up for Valentines and Mothers Day I reckoned I would try my Heart shaped cake tin.
Here is my heart cake tin along with 3 of the eggs from our hens. We are offering 6 free eggs with our hires at the moment. Remember to butter your cake tin.Ok so its my first cake so I am going to do this with Betty Crocker cake mix
So here is the cake mixture, including my eggs, oil and water. I have whisked it for 3 minutes
Mixture poured into the heart and popped into the oven pre heated to 160 degrees C (fan oven)
Ta Da - I am pretty amazed after 24 minutes and a bit of tapping this cake came out of the tin. Not too difficult but it broke a little as it was coming out.
Cake layer two

Oh oh. This is the second layer of the cake which kind of refused to come out of the tin. At this point I am starting to realise that I should have either made one thick cake or used two packets of cake mix for a humungus two layer cake.
Oh oh again. If making a chocolate type cake best to get chocolate/brown coloured icing.
So in summary - even a first time cake maker idiot can make a cake of some sort and by learning a few things the second one should be much better.
- Match your mix to the cake tin size
- Ease a knife around the cake to get it out and tap the tin on the work top
- Think how you are going to decorate the cake before you start
- If you are making two layers of cake think about what you are putting in the middle
If you have been inspired to make a cake and you would like to hire a cake tin for Valentines or Mothers Day - get in touch.





No comments:
Post a Comment